Sometimes normal people like us forget that we can be stupid too and end up saying the most ridiculous things. There is nothing wrong in asking stupid questions but some of them surely crack me up and most times I have to bite my tongue to stop myself from giving a really sarcastic retort.
Here are some gems I could recall :
1) I am an ex-dog owner and my pooch was a harmless Labrador with a goofy smile on his face. I understand that not everybody is a Dog lover and are scared of dogs but inevitably all will ask me this question 'Does he Bite?'. I just had to keep a straight face and say 'No he is a sweet dog'. Things going around in my brain(TGAIMB) - Yes if you put a penny in his ear and press his nose, he will start biting. He takes pleasure in biting random people everyday and that is why we love him so much.
2) You are fast asleep and some enthusiastic bugger has started his/her day early and wants to spread the cheer around will call you at a really unearthly hour.
B: Hi, Good morning
B: What are you doing? Oh, are you still sleeping?
LP(TGAIMB): No duffer, I am doing cartwheels and feeding my pet bunnies #@@@##$$@@
3) Some people will never fail to amaze me, they will call you on your landline at home and will ask 'Hey, where are you? You at home?'
LP (TGAIMB) : Arre I am just around the corner from your house, I paid more to get a special landline I can carry it around with me everywhere.
4) After a haircut most people will ask you 'Hey did you have a haircut?', I just don't know how to respond to this...so I say a meek 'Yes' and carry on...but I found a hilarious answer to this 'No....its Autumn and I am shedding' (Thank god for the internet).
5) I am sure most of us are asked this question time and again after the explosion of online chatting. You are online and a friend pings you and asks you 'What are you doing?'
(TGAIMB) Wtf? I sprouted some an extra pair of hands just now, one pair is washing dishes and the other pair is typing on the keyboard.
'Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them'.
Thank god for stupid questions, world would be such a boring place otherwise.