Its no fun sitting in front of the idiot box after coming to UK. In India, I used to switch channels whenever any ads featured between programmes. But now I miss them so much.
Here the same boring ads for debt cancellation, Injury claim and some travel companies run over and over again in the same dry tone.
I find Indian ads so much more entertaining and lively. There is colour and music and a sentiment added to selling of the product. Who can forget the old ads that became so famous. Here are a few of my favourite old ads.
1) The twirling girl of Nirma Washing Powder
2) Lalitaji and the 'Dhoondhte Reh jaooge' campaign surf campaign.
3) Jab main chota Baccha tha- Bajaj Bulbs
4) 'Buland bharat ki buland tasveer' - Humara Bajaj
5) 'I Love u Rasna'
6) Vicks ki goli lo Khich khich door karo
7) Lime and lemony Limca
8) Kuch khaas hai hum sabhi mein...Kuch swad hai....kya swad hai zindagi mein- Cadburys dairy milk
9) Jalebi ad from Dhara
10 ) Karram Kurram- Lijjat Pappad.
The best of them was 'Mile sur Mera tumhara' campaign. Whenever I hear that song old memories come rushing back and I feel so proud to be an Indian. Here's the video for you all.
Did you all not hum to the tunes of these ads? Did you not sing along when the ad was telecast?
Now think hard and let me know which were your personal favourites.